My fermentation seems to have stopped too early. I don’t have much experience (mostly some wine and mead making failed attempts) or proper gear like a hydrometer.
Here is what I did differently from the regular recipes
I didn’t add much sugar because I can’t stand sweet wine.
I may have added too much yeast, particularly as I was carefull not to wash the grapes to benefit from the natural yeast.
I grossly manually squeezed the grapes, put the juice separately in a closed carboy with a fourth of the yeast, i put the wet must in an open air container in a mesh bag with 3/4 of the yeast and added some sugar to jump start it. After a day, I started to see some activity, so the second day I squeezed dry the must and added that partially fermented juice to the rest of the juice (that also had started bubbling)...
I was expecting the primary fermentation to really start strongly, but nothing much is happening, not for the past several days, a tiny bit of gas, and the sediment are settling down... It looks like the primary fermentation is over, but it can’t be, and the juice still smells like grape juice not like alcohol.
I hope the information I have given is enough for you to recommend a course of action.