I would like to get some ideas on my next course of action for a "stuck brew". I am brewing a Saison (first one). My fermentation room is up around 82F so a Saison seemed like the perfect fit. The recipe is: 1.5lb Pilsner malt, 1 lb table sugar, 0.8lb wheat, 0.8lb Munich, 0.8lb Cara-munich. I used a single infusion for a mash temp of 149F held for 60 min. I did not mash out. I had a final gravity of 1.064 (6 gal). I ended up having to add 0.4 lbs of LDME to meet my predicted final gravity of 1.064 after getting 65% efficiency rather then my planned 70%. The LDME was added at the beginning of the 90 min boil, with the table sugar added in the last 15 min. I used Wyest 3724 Belgian Saison in a 2L starter. Fermentation started by the next morning. The fermentation room has stay around 82F, however the beer has been in the carboy since July 6. For the last 10-14 days the gravity has stayed around 1.030. I was anticipated an FG of at least 1.010. Any thoughts on what to do next? Help!!
I would just leave it another couple of weeks - that strain is notorious for stalling after a quick start, but it will pick up again.
The Wyeast yeast strain guide for 3274 says this:
This strain is notorious for a rapid and vigorous start to fermentation, only to stick around 1.035 S.G. Fermentation will finish, given time and warm temperatures. Warm fermentation temperatures at least 90°F (32°C) or the use of a secondary strain can accelerate attenuation.
So, simply leave it for a 7-10 days, and check again. If still no difference, raise the temperature to 90-95F and check again. Finally, pitch a secondary yeast, such as US-05 which will dry out the beer without adding any additional character.
You may not get down to 1.010 since that would be 84% attenuation, which is very much on the top end (although I've experienced that 3724 can do that and more.) The recipe contains a sizeable amount of Caramel malts which provide unfermentables, as does the DME, so your FG may come out higher than the 1.010 you are hoping for.
For your next one, you may want to consider WLP 566, which IIRC is derived/genetically selected from Dupont WLP565/Wy3724. I took a 1.1 Saison/Tripel down to 1.015, but it took about 45 days. I did use a lower temperature (I think in the mid-70s), as I wanted to limit phenols and esters, and have it just be the hint of saisony barnyardiness.