Assuming a limited licence application is approved, can homebrew be sold in NSW, Australia?

  • I am not a lawyer with expertise in food laws in Australia. BUT.... assuming you are actually able to obtain such a license, would it matter how the brew is brewed? I would think that would be dealt with during the license application process, so I would think getting the license automatically means "yes". But you should probably consult a local expert. May 24, 2012 at 16:06
  • 1
    The licence is for the selling and serving part.
    – Adripants
    May 28, 2012 at 0:01

1 Answer 1


Yep sure can but you will need to obtain permits and pay excise. The ATO covers it all here: http://www.ato.gov.au/businesses/content.aspx?doc=/content/00180139.htm&pc=001/003/095/005/001&mnu=0&mfp=&st=&cy=

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.