I have a standard stainless steel Hansen Coupler for Pin-Lock type Cornelius Kegs. I'm trying to find the exact specs on both the 1/4 MFL and the inside (female) threads, where it connects to the actual pin lock coupler.

The coupler and the 90 degree elbow unscrew, and the coupler itself has a male threaded end that I've seen various places refer to as 7/8-14 and 5/8 BSP - but it doesn't seem quite that big. Is that correct, or is it something else?

What exactly is a 1/4 MFL in normal terms? Is it a 1/4in SAE 45 degree flared connector, or is it a 37 degree AN style connector? Or something else all together?

the one I have looks like this

1 Answer 1


Well, partial answer - I went to the local pipe fitting shop, and I found that the 1/4" MFL is a 45* SAE 1/4" flare connector - it is also compatible with the 37* -4AN connector.

I'm still at a loss as to the threads on the disconnect itself though...

  • When you say 1/4" SAE, do you mean 45* SAE for a 1/4" tube? ryco.com.au/technical/thread-connector-identification/… lists specs for the threads, and suggests 7/16-20, and I've seen some vendors selling what looks like the right fitting as a 7/16 SAE fitting. Does that gel with what you've found?
    – Frazbro
    Aug 23, 2018 at 3:36

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.