I need a pump to use for transferring wort from a 55 gallon drum. Do you have any recommendations?
I know several brewers who use a pump made by March. You can find them at many of the larger homebrew shops.
For wort you can use any centrifugal pump.
Following are some important points while selecting a pump:
1. Internal for pump should be of stainless steel.
2. Inlet and outlet should be of stainless steel.
3. Use SMS union type end fitting.
4. Use EPDM/ PTFE gasket material.
5. As wort is hot liquid, it can create cavitation. So while searchingfor a pump, ask supplier to supply with low suction pressure capacity.