I'm looking for some feedback. I usually do kit brews for now but I am looking to get into building my own recipes. This is my first go around on that. I want to do an oatmeal stout and I'd like to keep it creamy and chocolately and not bitter.
Just want to get some of your opinions? Where and I screwing up here? What would you do differently?
Any pro tips here to brewing/creating oatmeal stouts?
Thanks! ~ Tom
Partial Mash Recipe
- Batch size: 5.0 Gallons
- Boil size: 3.0 Gallons
- Original gravity: 1.059
- Final gravity: 1.015
- Abv: 5.8 %
- Color: 40.0 SRM
- Bitterness: 31.0 IBU
- Steeping efficiency: 75.0
- 1.0 ounce Goldings Hops 60 min boil
- 0.5 ounce Fuggle Hops 45 min boil
- 1.0 pound Dry Malt Extract - Light
- 3.15 pound Liquid Malt Extract - Dark
- 0.75 pound Chocolate Malt
- 0.5 pound Roasted Barley
- 0.5 pound Biscuit Malt
- 2.0 pound Flaked Oats
- 2.0 pound Maris Otter Pale Malt
- 1.0 packet Wyeast NB NeoBritannia (1945)