Almost half of my pale beers have trouble carbonating in the bottle, being almost uncarbonated after 2 weeks
I don't think I have ever had this issue with a dark ale or porter.
I've been brewing for the better part of a year now, doing a weekly small batch brew. I've been brewing a mix of pale and darker ales/ porters.
- All of my beers use some protafloc for clarity
- All of my beers use some Clarity Ferm (to make them gluten free)
- All of my beers have 4 weeks in the fermenter (5L glass demijohn), even if the bubbler airlock flattens out before this
- All of my beers spend 2 weeks carbonating in the bottle in a dark cupboard, using 1 coopers carbonation drop per bottle
- All of my beers come in around 4-6% abv
- I use a mix of yeasts in different beers, lately most of my pale beers use lalbrew verdant ipa
- I live in the UK (if you're wondering about temperature)
I'd be happy to clarify any questions