Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, I've decided to burn some time by trying out my first home brew. It has come with many challenges though. I do not have access to barley other than pearled barley, which I am not going to use, nor do I have access to hops. I have come up with some ingredients that I can use but I don't know what ratios I should be using and whether the ingredients will work or not. My ingredients list are as follows:
- Hops replacement:
- Green Tea
- Orange Peel
- Rye (Lightly malted at home)
- Rye (Green malt to ensure enzymes for breaking down carbs)
- Wheat (Lightly malted at home)
- Corn (Lightly malted at home)
- Potential adjuncts:
- Eucalyptus honey
- Squeezed Orange Juice (probably not going to use this)
- Carbonating sugar:
- Eucalyptus Honey
- Standard baker's yeast
I would like suggestions on ratios, anything I should add to my list, and anything that I should perhaps omit.
Could anyone give me some advice?