I finished a German Wheat beer that I kettle soured and then I made a franken-beer shandy with a couple of gallons of the leftover wort. Neither of these beers seems to have kept their carbonation.
The first beer was force carbed. When filling I did not bleed my keg, I just lowered the pressure and then bottled with 2-3 psi from the keg using a Last Straw bottle filler. Since my filler is a Last Straw, it can purge O2 and then fill easily. It fills by pressing the nozzle to the bottom of the bottle to let the beer flow and fill.
More often than not it foams like crazy so I fill a bottle as best as I can and then move on to maybe 1-2 more than go back and top off the first bottle and cap it.
I don't think that amount of time could affect my carbonation that much could it? I'm not getting any off-flavors from oxidation or anything in my beers.
Note: When force carbing the keg was rolled on its side like usual until the regulator was silent.
The shandy was low and slow and was keg carbonated and is carbonated when served from the keg.
Now opening the bottles at a homebrewer meeting there is initial carbonation but then it dissipates rapidly and then there is barely some residual carbonation in the beer and no head at all (previously had a nice creamy one) or much discernable carb. I also filled a vacuum-sealed growler with my shandy beer and it also had no carb when it was opened.
NOTE: There was no contamination or off flavors in my original beer or my franken-shandy.
OG - 1.030
FG - 1.007
Added 2 oz of fresh lime zest to the last 10 mins of my boil.
Pitched two packets of Safale US-05. Ferment at 65°F (18°C) for 10 days and packaged as described above. 2.6 oz of fresh lime zest was added to the fermenter 8 days into fermentation.