The mead is made with steeped hibiscus leaves and hops which was added to honey and a crushed nutmeg when it cooled down some. When it was the right temperature, I added the yeast and aerated it. I added half a bag red star active dry yeast. Overnight it exploded, so I added spring water to bring it back up a bit, and put back on the airlock. Within 5 minutes, the airlock was full of foam. I took it off and cleaned it 2 more times!
It looks like you have a very active fermentation (this is good news), and I'll take a guess that something in your ingredients (perhaps the oils in the nutmeg?) has increased the surface tension of the liquid - hence all the little CO2 bubbles stick around longer without popping.
The foam will settle down in the next few days - I'd say wait it out, let it ferment, and see if it tastes good in the end! In the meantime, maybe try rigging a blowoff tube instead of your 3-piece airlock so you don't have to clean it out so often.
And for the next batch, I'd recommend leaving a little more headspace to make room for the foam. When I ferment cider in a 1-gallon jug, I generally don't fill it past where the sidewall starts to curve.
Hope it turns out great - the color is amazing!
Btw, I did run across a paper that measured the surface tension of different food and medicinal oils. Didn't see anything useful at a glance, but at one point it mentioned "poopy seed oil". That's gotta be one of the better typos I've seen.