Is it possible to estimate the post-boil specific gravity given only a pre boil gravity reading, plus volume measurements, while also accounting for a invert sugar syrup addition?
For example, say the facts were as follows:
- 7.59 gallons at hot break
- 1.062 specific gravity at hot break
- 0.35 gallons1 Belgian candi syrup added
- 6.70 gallons at flame out
Edit / Addition:
The 2.5 pounds of table sugar that was used to make the candi syrup is said to have 46 ppg (points per pound per gallon), so supplied 115 points. The reason for calling out this fact is that this eliminates the need to have a measure on the candi syrup directly.
1. An approximation. Made from exactly 2.5 lb granulated cane sugar, but don't know the conversion to volume. Brewing software adds 0.013 to specific gravity when added. Edit / Addition: the candi syrup turned out to be about 15% water.