What specific steps do I have to follow to produce crystal clear homebrew?
1. Use lower protein malt - Lower protein malts make less haze since the haze is caused by proteins.
2. Use Whirlfloc tablets - Whirlfloc tablets are a blend of Irish Moss and purified Kappa carrageenan that encourages the precipitation of haze causing materials such as proteins and Beta glucans. Add for the final 5 minutes of the boil.
3. Cool your Wort Quickly - Use an immersion or counter-flow chiller to cool your beer as quickly as possible.
4. Choose a Yeast High in Flocculation - Flocculation is defined simply as the rate at which a particular yeast strain will fall out of the beer once fermentation is complete.
5. Cold Crash your beer - This helps to coagulate proteins and make other solids fall quickly to the bottom of your secondary.
6. Use Gelatin before you keg or bottle - Gelatin or other fining agents will dramatically assist in giving you a clearer beer.
7. Lager your beer - Storing your beer for a long time in cold conditions will make most haze settle to the bottom of your keg or bottles.
8. Use a filter - when all else fails, the best way to get a clear beer is to use a filter.