This is maybe a silly question, but when you look around on the internet you see recipes mentioning Fuggle hops or Fuggles hops. I suppose there is only one "correct" spelling, so is it Fuggle or Fuggles?


Searching around, you mostly find a reference to Fuggle. It's named after Richard Fuggle. I suppose that people who write Fuggles, really should write Fuggle's as in Fuggle's hops, like Cox's Orange Pippin.

Btw. Fuggles is also called Styrian Goldings (Fuggle).

  • +1 Learn something every day re. Styrian Goldings! I'd gathered it wasn't really a close English Goldings relative, but didn't realise it was just Fuggles by a different name. – winwaed Oct 2 '17 at 14:48

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.