I'm looking at a homebrewer's equipment that is getting out of the hobby and I'm getting into the hobby. I'm wanting to spend my money wisely and while jumping right into all-grain brewing.
Here is a list of the equipment for sale for $300
- 10 gallon mash tun (spigot and supply hose screen works great. Never had a problem with grain in wort)
- 5 gallon ball lock (2 years old with dual regulator and picnic tap)
- Two PET plastic 6 gallon fermenters (one plastic carboy and one big mouth bubbler)
- Two stoppers
- Two airlocks
- 5# co2 tank about half full
- Starsan cleaner
- Pbw cleaner
- Carboy brush
- Siphon tube
- Miscellaneous tubing
- 2 smaller copper immersion chillers with tubing
I'm not wanting the PET fermenters, the Mash tun is a diy project with scratches and discoloration in the inside, the wort chillers are diy projects as well.
What price do used keg systems from individuals normally run? and How good is it to invest in diy and used fermenting equipment?