Some Lalvin yeast I bought is not doing anything in my wort. When I told people on an online forum I'd hydrated it with 40°C water, they told me this was far too hot. But this is exactly what it said on the instructions so I'm wondering what to do.
- This is Lalvin EC-1118 champagne yeast, bought just last week with a use-by of 2017
- I hydrated it as the instructions said and then added to 5L of must (one jar of honey)
- One teaspoon of nutrient was added
- A few little bits of 'scum' appeared on the liquid after two days but no airlock activity occurs, no krausen has formed
- The must is at a reasonably stable ~19°C, and has been for 3 days now