I am new at brewing, and i am having some problems trying to keep my beer carbonated. I am using twist off 12oz bottles with regular crown caps. can somebody please tell me if there is a certain specific kind of cap for twist off bottles or if there is a certain type of bottle capper for the twist off bottle? thanks, and your help will be greatly appreciated

1 Answer 1


The problem is the twist-off bottles, not the caps or the capper. You need to use pop-top bottles.

  • twist offs don't work with crown caps, if you need bottles, ask your local bar or friends for a bunch of Pop top bottles, or buy from your local home brew shop.
    – jsolarski
    Aug 9, 2015 at 3:24
  • Thanks for your answer! So, is there a specific type of caps that has to be used with twist- off bottles? Aug 10, 2015 at 15:59
  • Not at the homebrewing level. Aug 11, 2015 at 6:58

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.