I'm looking for a 5 gallon metal can (aluminum, galvanized, etc) to store drinking water. Old milk cans will be just fine. Is there a store which sells these kind of things? I live in Irvine.

  • Could you clarify please? Is this related to homebrewing? If so, where is Irvine (country, state)? Oct 21 '14 at 19:02
  • Irvine is a city in CA, USA. It's not that important. All I'm asking is where you'd buy home brewing equipment, specifically a 5 gallon metal can in California (you can use it to store water, for fermentation, etc).
    – user8350
    Oct 21 '14 at 22:44
  • Do they put drinking water in galvanized containers? I don't think so.
    – brewchez
    Oct 22 '14 at 10:52
  • @brewchez why not? aluminum or galvanized are non-reactive and used for many things like milk cans and chicken fountain ...
    – user8350
    Oct 22 '14 at 14:23
  • 3
    This question is about water storage. The questions does not specifically mention brewing.
    – brewchez
    Oct 23 '14 at 10:53

Homebrewers typically use 5g Stainless Steel Cornelius kegs to store beer in. A lot of homebrew stores carry them, they are also known as used Pepsi or Coke kegs. The kegs would have to be pressurized for storing water.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.