I live in South Korea and had to buy a 20lbs CO2 becuase they would not service my american 5lbs tank. Unfortunately, my current CO2 regulator will not fit on the korean tank. I assume it is becuase of a metric-standard conversion issue.

The regulator I own is the following: http://www.amazon.com/Commercial-Grade-Double-Gauge-Regulator/dp/B0026K6OY8/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1386293625&sr=1-2-fkmr0&keywords=metric+co2+regulator

Do I need to just bite the bullet and buy a korean (metric) regulator or is there an adapter that I could buy? Also, does anybody know where I could purchase either of these items? Thanks.


  • Where exactly did you purchase your 20lb tank in Korea?? Been looking for one for a while now. Mark
    – user8108
    Aug 18, 2014 at 13:19

1 Answer 1


Getting metric to imperial is hard to find at the best of times.

Finding one for a CO2 connector is going to be very unlikely. As gas connections are normally a speciality thread (often the opposite direction thread, turn clockwise to undo. This is so idiots don't try to screw a bolt in or something)

Do a quick google to find the thread specs, and then google for a converter.

It will probably be easer (and possibly cheaper actually) if you just buy a new regulator.

You wont have to deal with the extra thread seals etc that way as well

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.