Both Denny Conn and mdma were correct to some extent. I am not able to pick who answered the question fully at this go of it. So I’ll answer with my own results and hope others experiment further to dial in the process.
I planned on splitting a 5 gallon batch all along for comparison so I wouldn't feel it wasn't wasted if it didn't turn out. The design was a wit beer with orange peel and clove added at flameout to emulate a holiday pomander aroma. This is a highly aromatic beer which is why I felt the hop tea would work well. The original was a huge success. Minor tweaking from here on out would produce a showcase beer in my opinion. As for the NA; the hop tea was successful although incomplete as a solution to the problem. I did manage to match the bitterness and got the aroma back into the beer, though the aroma was not as pronounced. On this it is successful. As Denny Conn pointed out in his experimentation, “weird caramelized maltiness" persisted and I found the same. I did not adjust the pH at all which may, in future attempts, help but may also do nothing at all. My feeling is that the tea is added as such a small volume that the adjustment may not contribute as much as I would hope.
Was it drinkable? Sure. Not as fun being NA and, having the original to compare to, not of the same motif any longer due to the affect on grain. Would I do it again? Maybe. If I could find a way to counter the effect on the non-fermentables I’ll give it another shot. The wife is all healed now so no need to play with this experiment for the time being.
This method requires a lot more work and time involved, not to mention the additional ingredients for the tea.
My method was this: Prior, I took a test tube of the beer from the carboy and stored it for later addition to the NA. I racked roughly 2.5 gallons onto a primer, stirred and bottled. That was my control. The remaining 2.5 gallons I racked to the kettle and heated to 170 degrees. The beer showed large bubbling which I assumed was the alcohol evaporating off. The kitchen was completely filled with all the aromatics I had in the beer which was deeply saddening to me. Once the bubbling stopped, I cooled and racked onto another priming solution. Meanwhile, I boiled a downsized hop tea I crafted through beersmith to match the IBU of the main batch while only using water. I followed the addition schedule including the aromatics at the end. In this case, orange peel and clove. Cooled the tea and topped up the now NA beer to 2.5 gallons. I added the beer from the test tube to reintroduce live yeast back into the volume. Stirred well and bottled the NA. The NA took significantly longer to condition being as only a small amount of yeast was reintroduced.