What are the common phrases, words, abbreviations that are used by home brewers on this site or in conversation?
In the interest of keeping content on this site, rather than linking elsewhere, this is a list of common home brewing terms that may not be English or common usage in English. Inspired by and largely derived from this SO meta post, though I've left off most of the "crowd control" stuff - we can add it back if it's necessary.
- Edit the existing answer
- Insert relevant links to more detailed information on the term/phrase/abbreviation
- Add only factual information
- Keep it very, very brief, terse, and to the point
- Delete your own comments once they become irrelevant (integrated into the glossary)
- Use the Edit Summary box to note reasons for your edit, not comments
- Using abbreviations, terms, and phrases inside a description
- Unverified information
- Uncommon terms, abbreviations, phrases
- Long descriptions
- Unnecessary detail
- Citations or examples of usage
- Inside jokes that are not related to home brewing
- Common Internet jargon (i.e., IMHO, TL;DR, RTFM, etc.) unless usage here differs significantly