Homebrewing Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for dedicated home brewers and serious enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Assuming a limited licence application is approved, can homebrew be sold in NSW, Australia?

share|improve this question
I am not a lawyer with expertise in food laws in Australia. BUT.... assuming you are actually able to obtain such a license, would it matter how the brew is brewed? I would think that would be dealt with during the license application process, so I would think getting the license automatically means "yes". But you should probably consult a local expert. – FrustratedWithFormsDesigner May 24 '12 at 16:06
The licence is for the selling and serving part. – Adripants May 28 '12 at 0:01
up vote 0 down vote accepted

Yep sure can but you will need to obtain permits and pay excise. The ATO covers it all here: http://www.ato.gov.au/businesses/content.aspx?doc=/content/00180139.htm&pc=001/003/095/005/001&mnu=0&mfp=&st=&cy=

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.