Homebrewing Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for dedicated home brewers and serious enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a standard stainless steel Hansen Coupler for Pin-Lock type Cornelius Kegs. I'm trying to find the exact specs on both the 1/4 MFL and the inside (female) threads, where it connects to the actual pin lock coupler.

The coupler and the 90 degree elbow unscrew, and the coupler itself has a male threaded end that I've seen various places refer to as 7/8-14 and 5/8 BSP - but it doesn't seem quite that big. Is that correct, or is it something else?

What exactly is a 1/4 MFL in normal terms? Is it a 1/4in SAE 45 degree flared connector, or is it a 37 degree AN style connector? Or something else all together?

the one I have looks like this

share|improve this question

Well, partial answer - I went to the local pipe fitting shop, and I found that the 1/4" MFL is a 45* SAE 1/4" flare connector - it is also compatible with the 37* -4AN connector.

I'm still at a loss as to the threads on the disconnect itself though...

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.