I have checked my local water authority and my tap water is chloraminated:
The average chlorine concentration for this Public Water Supply Zone from January 2013 to December 2013 was 0.07 milligrammes per litre free chlorine and 0.450 milligrammes per litre total chlorine. This drinking water supply is chloraminated.
I have read from various posts that the only way to prevent the medicinal taste is to remove this using Potassium metabisulfite but all the references I've found refer to processing 10 or 20 gallons of water at a time whereas I'm working in a small space and to small scale so would only need 500ml to 2l at any step.
Would I be better off processing a few liters at a time and using as needed or should I process as I go?