I made a cider with the below recipie and I have noticed that as it ages it is starting to get a watery taste.
What would cause this? The bottles are stored out of sunlight and are never moved till I take them to the fridge.
Recipe here: Date made 19/09/2013 OG 1.092 FG 0.995
21L Juice (7bottles)
Yeast Nutrient (Boil up raisins (that don’t have sulphite on them) and small amount of water, mash up the raisins and simmer)
10- 14Cup’s corn sugar or dextrose (the more sugar the more kick it will have)
1 Lalvin EC1118 Yeast
Steps 1.Boil up yeast nutrient and mash up raisins
2.Take out a little juice from the bottle and add sugar.
3.Shake out the sugar(even do this for the fermenter batch as it saves time and stirring)
4.Put in the yeast nutrient(make sure that it isn’t still too hot) and shake the bottle
5.Add the yeast and shake the bottle a. If you are making a fermenter size batch then pour it all in the fermenter
6.Leave that until the fermenter has stopped bubbling and leave for a few days.